You are about to begin an exciting spiritual adventure. Through the pages of this manual you will learn about a powerful supernatural resource available to the Body of Christ, that of intercessory prayer.
In this study you will learn what intercessory prayer is and how to do it effectively using dynamic spiritual resources that have been delegated for this purpose. You will learn what to pray for, how to overcome hindrances to intercessory prayer, and how to get started and keep going.
Your spiritual life and ministry will never again be the same. Are you ready to begin your journey to this exciting spiritual destination?
There is a place where thou canst touch the eyes Of blinded men to instant perfect sight;
There is a place where thou canst say, “Arise!” To dying captives, bound in chains of night.
There is a place where thou cast reach the store Of hoarded gold and free it for the Lord;
There is a place upon some distant shore
Where thou canst send the worker and the Word; There is a place where heaven’s resistant power Responsive moves to thine insistent plea;
There is a place-a silent trysting hour-
Where God Himself descends and fights for thee. Where is that secret place? Dost thou ask where? O soul, it is the secret place of prayer!
Upon conclusion of this course you will be able to:
- Define prayer.
- Explain how prayer is answered.
- Summarize the role of prayer in the life of Jesus Christ.
- Identify the levels of prayer.
- Identify the different types of prayer.
- Define intercessory prayer.
- Explain the Biblical basis of the believer’s ministry as an intercessor.
- Identify Jesus Christ as our model for intercession.
- Describe how intercession is done.
- Explain why intercession is important.
- Use spiritual resources for intercession, including delegated power and authority, binding and loosing, the Name of Jesus, the blood of Jesus, and fasting.
- Explain how to intercede.
- Summarize principles for effective intercession.
- Identify what to intercede for.
- Use the promises of God to intercede.
- Identify and eliminate hindrances to effective intercession.
- Know when not to pray.
- Provide Scriptural references for the model prayer.
- Explain why the Lord’s prayer is actually a prayer of intercession.
- Recite the model prayer from memory.
- Use the model prayer as a guide for intercession.
- Define revival.
- Explain how we can prepare for revival.
- Recognize when revival is needed.
- Identify evidences of a backslidden condition.
- Summarize Biblical principles of revival.
- Identify obstacles to revival.
- Explain how to use “God’s revival plan” to intercede for revival.
- Make a plan for organized prayer.
- Create a personal prayer manual.
- Engage in international intercession.
- Identify problems and solutions for getting started and keeping going.
- Commit yourself to the ministry of intercession.